Sunday 27 January 2013

Enthusiastic about food again.


I've become more enthusiastic about food again.

Dropping meat gives me an excuse to learn a bunch more about food and food prep.

A year ago I got into bread making, vegetable growing and slow cooking. I even built a chicken coop to grow heritage breeds for their eggs (except the city passed an ordinance outlawing chickens!).

So I've been evolving in my food "journey."  However, I enjoyed my food more, but wasn't getting any healthier.

Then my riding buddy had a triple by pass, my father in law died of esophageal cancer, and I realized that I was literally a "cheeseburger away from a heart-attack."  But I didn't know what to do about it.

The only vegan I know is a hypochondriac, negative, anti-social person and I've gotten used to arguing against her point of view, and I'm shocked to find that her information may have been right, even if her methods got up my nose.

So, one night during the Christmas season, suffering from what they called in Dickens' time a "bilious attack" I decided to change my life.... and I'm loving it!

I'm feeling better, and I'm feeling successful!

And I'm looking forward to new recipes, tastes and textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment